Thank you for listening to our Finding Brave show, ranked in the Top 100 Apple Career Podcasts!
“Know that you’re amazing. Every individual on the planet is, and the world needs your talents and your abilities desperately. Can you trust and accept the fact that you are special and you are unique, and that now is the time to recognize that clearly?” – Kathy Caprino
We’re thrilled to share today’s 200th episode of Finding Brave with you!
Before we begin, I would like to thank each and every one of you, our listeners, for helping us reach this big milestone of our 200th episode. We’re so grateful for your amazing support, feedback and listening ears helping the show thrive over these three years. We’re so very grateful to you.
Creating this podcast has been one of the most joyful and rewarding professional endeavors I’ve ever worked on, and I pinch myself every day for the blessing of learning from so many or our amazing guests, and hearing from our listeners who share their riveting feedback.
I also want to send a huge thank you to my team at Kathy Caprino LLC and PodAssist.com, whose magic helps make this show possible. Together, we look forward to continuing to bring new content to you each week.
To celebrate this milestone, we are offering something special that we hope will move you forward fast on your “finding brave” path to building your career, life and business as you truly want it.
As we’ve had so many amazing guests who’ve inspired us with their messages, books, talks and more, and we have compiled a selection of brief highlights from 16 episodes over the past three years that reflect the following characteristics. They:
1) Are among the most downloaded and listened-to episodes of the show
2) Impacted me personally in a very powerful way and created an immediate and potent shift for me, in mindset, behavior or perspective
3) Received the most number of shares and comments, either to me directly or on social media where listeners accessed these episodes.
I’ve included several solo episodes that were the most popular as well.
I do hope that these excerpts will make a positive difference in your life. And I hope you’ll go back and listen to the full episodes that have been excerpted, to benefit from the rich conversations with each of these inspiring guests.
A Word About My New Course The Most Powerful You
Before we begin the episode, I would like to ask a favor regarding my new course, The Most Powerful You. This course is the digital companion to my new book The Most Powerful You: 7 Bravery-Boosting Paths to Career Bliss. The training course is designed to help professionals of all levels and careers — and their organizations and leaders – receive the training they need to close what my research has found are the 7 most damaging power gaps that impact 98% of women and 90% of men today. These gaps block professionals from reaching their highest potential at work, and their most rewarding and thrilling goals and visions for their careers and professional roles. When we face these gaps, we struggle and fail to thrive in our work, careers and businesses.
If you are a manager, leader, or serve in HR or DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) capacities or know friends and colleagues who do, I sincerely hope you will point them to The Most Powerful You course at https://mostpowerfulyou.com — or feel free to reach out directly for more info. This course is truly transformational in helping professionals contribute as they long to, making a positive and powerful impact.
Thank you and I hope you enjoy this special episode! As always, We’d love to hear your feedback on this show, and for those who haven’t rated or reviewed Finding Brave on Apple Podcasts, please consider doing so as it truly helps expand the reach of the show.
Highlights from this Episode:
- My tips for becoming aware of, and leveraging, your special talents [5:55] (from Episode #1: Why We Need to Find Brave and 10 Ways to Start, with Kathy Caprino)
- An indicator that will tell you whether or not you’re in your true zone of genius [7:58] (from Episode #44: How to Live In Your Zone of Genius, with Gay Hendricks)
- A look at the damaging impacts of the patriarchy, and what’s needed most right now to combat it [9:55] (from Episode #4: Gender, Power and Relationships: The Crushing Effects of Patriarchy, with Terry Real)
- The ways that our struggles and challenges help us step into our best self [11:52] (from Episode #105: Top Regrets of the Dying and What We Need to Learn From Them, with Bronnie Ware)
- What leaders must do first in order to maximize their effectiveness with leading others [14:21] (from Episode #59: 11 Essential Shifts Every Leader Must Embrace, with John C. Maxwell)
- What is your “leadership story”, and how to begin constructing one [16:06] (from Episode #94: How to Tell a Riveting Story About Who You Are and Why That Matters, with Tony Vlahos)
- My process for determining your three highest goals [18:57] (from Episode #51: Six Essential Questions to Ask for the New Year, with Kathy Caprino)
- How to approach life so that you’re in the best position to love your kids, every single day [21:03] (from Episode #70: Essential Rules for Building Mental Strength – In Yourself and Your Children, with Andrew Wittman)
- A powerful way that I reframe rejection [22:48] (from Episode #58: 5 Ways to Use Rejection To Fuel Your Success, with Kathy Caprino)
- Why sharing our intentions openly and honestly is key when trying to build trust and connection with others [24:33] (from Episode #43: How to Ask Questions that Build Trust and Connections In Teams, with Chad Littlefield)
- How to approach the crucial conversations that must be had [25:39] (from Episode #186: How To Have Those Difficult But Crucial Conversations With Friends and Colleagues, with Joseph Grenny)
- What’s really happening in cultures with a high amount of dysfunction [28:04] (from Episode #140: Building Trust and Unity in the Workplace During Difficult Times, with Laura Gallaher)
- A specific question you can ask to guide yourself to the outcome you desire [30:05] (from Episode # 95: What You Need to Know to Rise To The Greatness You Were Destined For, with Dr. Grace Lee)
- What one guest learned about “stupid ideas” that changed everything for him [31:14] (from Episode #91: How to Bake Your Dream Life Into Your Business Model Day One, with Richie Norton)
- The rapid transformation you can achieve when you are clear with what needs to be said [33:09] (from Episode #19: How to Speak Up When You Feel You Can’t, with Kathy Caprino)
- A reminder from me about how amazing you really are [35:10] (from Episode #124: Power Gap #1: Not Recognizing Your Special Talents, Abilities, and Accomplishments, with Kathy Caprino)
For More Information:
I’m thrilled to share the publication of our new monthly newsletter Your Path To Career Bliss! Each month, this newsletter offers an in-depth exploration of one key career, leadership or personal growth topic that is essential to understand if you wish to build a happier, more successful and rewarding career or business. These are the topics that are the most sought-after by my readers, clients, course members and thousands of professionals I hear from globally each year.
Every issue offers a selection of the MOST read articles that I’ve written on the key topic of the newsletter — from my Forbes column, LinkedIn platform and personal blogs — which have garnered over 35 million views and thousands of comments and requests for follow-up, hands-on support.
The newsletter also offers riveting podcast interviews with some of the nation’s top experts, along with career surveys and assessments, resource recommendations, a Subscriber highlight section, an “Ask Kathy” column and more — all aimed to help you achieve true breakthrough in how you’re living and working, so you can succeed at a higher level, achieve what you dream to, and experience the career breakthrough you’re ready for.
Further, we’ve made it as affordable as possible with 2 tiers to choose from. The first month is completely free, and you can cancel at any time.
I hope you’ll join me in this program now! CLICK HERE to learn more and claim your FREE issue today.
Thank you and I can’t wait to help you on Your Path To Career Bliss.
* * * * * *
Order Kathy’s book The Most Powerful You today!
If you enjoy the book, we’d so appreciate your giving the book a positive rating and review on Amazon! And check out Kathy’s digital companion course The Most Powerful You, to help you close the 7 most damaging power gaps in the most effective way possible.
Submit your audio “Ask Kathy” questions here: https://findingbrave.org/ask-kathy
* * * * * *
Need Stress Relief Fast? Check out QuickCalm.net today!
Are you stressed? Anxious? Having trouble sleeping? Is all the stress making it hard to get things done, to feel happy and healthy—to be your best?
Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could dissolve anxiety, boost energy and sleep easier on demand? What if you had reliable ways to get focused, prevent headaches and improve your mood anytime? How wonderful would it be to help your kids and others do the same?
I’ve got great news and it’s called Quick Calm. It’s the new self-paced video series led by my colleague and friend Jordan Friedman, who has been my amazing guest here on Finding Brave. (You can listen to Part 1 and Part 2 of our interview today)!
In the QuickCalm series, Jordan teaches you 10 tested and fast-acting stress and anxiety reduction techniques that he’s brought to audiences for 25 years—including as director of Columbia University’s Health Education Program.
Here’s what people say about the techniques Jordan will teach you:
“I just got into an argument with a coworker—this really helped.”
“Thank you! I felt incessantly stressed out today and didn’t have much time to cool down.”
“Wow! This really works – it calmed me down and made me sleepy.”
“Super brief. Super effective.”
I’m in! And Jordan’s giving Finding Brave listeners 20% off Quick Calm. This offer won’t last forever, so go to quickcalm.net and use the coupon code “findingbrave” to get your 20%-off discount!
* * * * * *
I’m thrilled that both Audible.com and Amazon Music are also sponsors of Finding Brave! Take advantage of their great special offers and free trials today!
QUOTES FROM TODAY’S SHOW:
“If you can look for those areas of life that scare you and cause problems, I say that’s the quick ticket to your genius.” [Gay Hendricks, 9:33]
“Things have gotten so reactionary culturally that people are picking up the sword of feminism again. We all live under patriarchy, which is a rigid dichotomy of gender roles.” [Terry Real, 10:05]
“Contrast is a part of life. We’re not going to be happy all the time, and we can’t realize our potential without the challenges and struggles.” [Bronnie Ware, 12:11]
“If I can’t lead myself, why should anyone else follow me? You see, we can only give what we have.” [John Maxwell, 14:42]
“What’s your leadership story? How are you telling people about who you are and the difference you can make?” [Tony Vlahos, 16:17]
“You’ve got to commit to loving yourself every single day, and then you can go love your kids every single day.” [Andrew Wittman, 22:41]
“Most often, we have intentions that affect other people, but so rarely do we actually share those intentions with the people that they affect.” [Chad Littlefield, 24:52]
“Until we start realizing that we are fabricating reality in our minds, in a way that is going to damage the conversation, we’re not ready to open our mouths.” [Joseph Grenny, 27:55]
“In a culture where there’s a tremendous amount of dysfunction, what you likely have is leaders at the top of the organization that have failed to grow in maturity.” [Laura Gallaher, 28:21]
“Ask yourself how you can afford it, and that awakens resourcefulness [in you]. It’s never about a lack of resources, but it’s always about a lack of resourcefulness.” [Grace Lee, 31:03]
Watch video versions of my interviews on Finding Brave!
Don’t forget – you can experience each Finding Brave interview episode in both audio and video formats! Check out new and recent episodes on my Youtube channel at YouTube.com/kathycaprino. And please leave us a comment and a thumbs up if you like the show!
Please share your positive ratings and reviews!
If you enjoy the show, we’d be so very grateful for a positive rating and review on Apple Podcasts! These great ratings help us reach more and more people who are interested in boosting their careers, businesses, and their leadership, and keep in the Top 100 Apple Career Podcasts in the U.S. and around the world and in the top 1.5% of over 2.6 million podcasts! Thank you!
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS POST: