“You just have to believe that there’s a higher version of you that you can tap into and that can access higher-level wisdom, insight, solutions, strategies, people, and connections. If you believe it, and if you believe it strongly, it’s amazing what happens in your life.” – Kathy Caprino
Most of us know from experience that New Year’s resolutions and the huge, hairy goals we dream up for our lives often arrive with great gusto, but all too frequently they die on the vine very soon after we’ve written them down.
Today, I’m excited to share a helpful year-end strategy of reflection — the process of reflecting back on the past year in an in-depth, careful and probing way, exploring all that you’ve learned and experienced, created, and also “failed” at — as an effective step to get clearer clear on what you really want in your life.
This reflection process helps you connect in a powerful, juicy way with your ultimate dreams and desires, and it highlights where you’ve been living “off course” – far away from what your most authentic self really wants.
In this episode, I explore what I’ve found to be six essential reflection questions that are perfect for this time of year, to help us take stock, expand our gratitude and appreciation for all that we are today, and set the wheels in motion for shifting our approach to how we operate, communicate and engage with others and with our core challenges and power gaps. This reflection process hatches important new revelations and sets the stage for a brand new future.
As always, be gentle and compassionate with yourself as you reflect, and remember that everything that’s happened can be used to bolster and uplift you if you let it.
At the end of the show, I sing a little song to welcome in the New Year, from my heart to yours.
I’d love to hear how your answers to these six questions impact you. And I welcome your suggestions for any future topics or interviewees that you’re interested in. Please reach out to me by email, or on social media via LinkedIn, or on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and say hello and share your ideas!
I wish you and your family very Happy Holidays and I’m looking forward to serving you fresh, new episodes of Finding Brave in 2019 that will move you forward to create life and work as you dream it to be.
Happy New Year!
Highlights from this Episode:
- The benefits of reflection and what it can help you achieve these next 12 months [2:45]
- What our lives are giving us, but we often miss [6:14]
- Why you need to celebrate all of your wins, no matter how small you may think they are [7:48]
- What I tell myself when things don’t see to be working out for me and how we can reframe our experiences to benefit from them [9:40]
- Why we need to focus on so much more than just outcomes [12:30]
- Visualization truly works – here’s an exercise that I do [16:40]
- What is your “higher self” and how you can receive help from it [18:34]
- What is one thing that is needed to overcome your resistance [22:43]
- The reasons that accountability is needed and where we can get it [24:42]
- The power gaps that keep people from thriving in their lives and in their work [25:35]
- How you can move past a traumatic event and finally let it go [30:56]
- My theme word for 2019 and an invitation for you to create one as well [31:31]
- A little song for you to welcome in the New Year [33:25]
Kathy’s Forbes post on How To Stop Saying ‘I’m Sorry’ When You’re Not (And Why You Need To)
“Nothing is wasted — everything you’ve learned and everything you’ve experienced, even if you’ve fallen down flat on your face, is useful. What we want to do is leverage everything we’ve been, done and learned, and then build on that for the next chapter.” [3:09]
“You can’t just be grateful for the amazing stuff. It helps propel you forward when you can also be grateful for the difficult stuff.” [4:06]
“I am a fan of helping people realize they do have an idea of what they want. They absolutely do, but they just don’t recognize that as a valid idea.” [12:11]
“I get a lot out of juice out of turning my mess into a message. Could you?” [13:48]
“Envision what would be a happier, more abundant, prosperous, successful and joyful experience. See yourself with all your senses in it and I promise you that paves the way for it to come to pass.” [18:07]
“What habit can you build that’s going to help you get to where you want to go?” [24:34]
“If you isolate and you won’t ask for help, you’re never going to get it and you’re going to stay stuck.” [27:51]
I’m thrilled to share that Audible.com is a sponsor of Finding Brave! Take advantage of their great special offer of one FREE book of your choice with a 30-day FREE membership trial! And feel free to keep the book even if you cancel the membership. Click here to sign up for your free book! http://www.audibletrial.com/FindingBrave