“If you’re an entrepreneur or a solopreneur, you’ve got to be selling half of the time. You are an artist, CEO and sales, and I think one of the biggest mistakes that people make is they assume their talent will speak for itself, or they’ll assume the product speaks for itself. I’m here to tell everyone that it’s not speaking loud enough.” – Cindy McGovern
Is sales something that you dread doing? Maybe you think that you don’t need to be able to effectively sell, and that it’s not a necessary skill to have in your current position? On today’s episode of Finding Brave, our expert guest shows us how every job is a sales job, and whether you’re in business for yourself of not, sales is a skill that you absolutely need to master in order to achieve the results that you desire.
Known far and wide as “Dr. Cindy,” the First Lady of Sales, Dr. Cindy McGovern holds a Doctorate Degree in Organizational Communication and a Master’s Degree in Marketing. She earned her reputation by building (and rebuilding) entire sales programs from the bottom up. Dr. Cindy, who is CEO of Orange Leaf Consulting, has helped hundreds of companies and individuals around the world from small to huge create dramatic and sustainable revenue growth. She has also authored Every Job is a Sales Job: How to Use the Art of Selling to Win at Work out this month.
By doing sales the right way, your customers will be a walking advertisement for you and what you’ve brought them during your interaction. Most importantly, remember that it’s the planning that really makes a difference, and by implementing the right plan, it will reward both you and your customer.
Highlights from this Episode
- What selling really is, and how we may not be selling, even if we think we are [7:09]
- A breakdown of what makes an effect sales process [11:53]
- Why you need to master the lost art of storytelling, even if you’re an owner or in the C-Suite [14:24]
- Cindy’s best tips and practices for planning, regardless of your role or the size of your organization [19:02]
- Why being true to yourself and authentic means so much to both the planning and sales processes [23:28]
- Where many people, even ones experienced in sales, are going wrong today [26:28]
- The difference between sales and marketing, and why Cindy says that face-to-face interaction is necessary to effectively sell [29:27]
- What having a good plan in place will tell you about your revenue, and why all revenue isn’t created equal [35:13]
- Why the follow-up process is crucial, and the right way to do it [37:18]
For More Information:
Cindy’s Special Download For Listeners
Her Book, Every Job is a Sales Job: How to Use the Art of Selling to Win at Work
Her Blog & YouTube Channel
The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
75: How To Become a Millionaire Through Your Business – Essential Growth Steps, with Jaime Masters
For more about Kathy’s upcoming book The Most Powerful You: 7 Bravery-Boosting Paths To Career Bliss, sign up for her weekly newsletter at https://kathycaprino.com for updates, free giveaways, contests and more, coming in Spring 2020
I’m thrilled to share that Audible.com is a sponsor of Finding Brave! Take advantage of their great special offer of one FREE book of your choice with a 30-day FREE membership trial! And feel free to keep the book even if you cancel the membership. Click here to sign up for your free book! http://www.audibletrial.com/FindingBrave
Watch the video of this episode!
Now you can experience each Finding Brave episode in both audio and video formats! Check out new and recent episodes on my YouTube channel at YouTube.com/kathycaprino. And please leave us a comment and a thumbs up if you like the show!