“Be active on social, get intentional about your thought leadership, share your smarts, start teaching and stop selling, really. Start teaching and sharing and then you won’t have to make cold calls ever again.” – Stephen Woessner
For many entrepreneurs, the process of selling their programs, products and services can be confusing, intimidating at times and very uncomfortable to do. Today’s Finding Brave guest reveals why selling doesn’t have to be difficult, and in fact, it doesn’t have to be considered “selling” at all when we bring a new energy and confidence to the process.
Stephen Woessner is the founder and CEO of Predictive ROI and the host of Onward Nation — a top-rated daily podcast for learning how today’s top business owners think, act, and achieve. Onward Nation is listened to in 120 countries around the world. Stephen is the author of three books, including the #1 bestseller, Profitable Podcasting. His digital marketing insights have been featured in Forbes.com, Entrepreneur.com, The Washington Post, and Inc. Magazine.
At its core, selling is really just about getting intentional about being helpful, packaging your content and then distributing it in different ways to the audience that you’ve built. With so many channels available for us to do this, there is a huge opportunity for us to not only sell our products and services but to actually show that we care about the people we serve.
Highlights from this Episode:
- Why Stephen considers himself a salesperson first, and the reasons that he loves sales so much [2:28]
- Where helping someone factors into the sales conversation and what selling isn’t [7:37]
- Why some sales conversations can be more difficult for others, and Stephen’s strategies for selling on webinars [11:46]
- The role that human nature plays in selling [16:28]
- What to do, and not do, as small business owners selling products and services, and Stephen’s thoughts on cold calling potential customers [19:18]
- How to create “cornerstone content” that truly makes a difference in the process [24:16]
- What are macro, micro, and nano influencers and tips to go from micro to nano quicker [26:50]
- A powerful reframe that you can make today to make selling easier [33:58]
- Why you have to trust yourself, despite there being best practices for selling [37:28]
- Stephens biggest tip for rocking sales [39:13]
For More Information:
Get a Free Chapter of Stephen’s Book, Profitable Podcasting: Grow Your Business, Expand Your Platform, & Build a Nation of True Fans & Purchase His Other Works
Stephen’s Video, How to Create Cornerstone Content
Kathy’s Power Gaps Survey
“At my core, I’m a salesperson. That ultimately is what I’m best at.” [2:28]
“The sale isn’t a transaction, it’s how we take this relationship forward.” [9:11]
“The curtain has been lifted, and most people know that a webinar is just a polished up, lipstick-on-the-pig sales pitch.” [14:01]
“In a sales process, we get so ramped up and we think we’ve got to go from first to home in 45 minutes, and it’s craziness.” [29:20]
“Over the last several years, or probably much longer than that, sales has gotten this connotation or stereotype around it that it’s somehow a dirty word, when the reality is that sales are the lifeblood of any business.” [39:18]
“When a person gives you his or her email address, there’s a value exchange, so just realize that could be a day or a decade. Somebody may trust you enough for 10 years, and you might be helpful to that person for 10 years. That is a gift, that is an opportunity for us as business owners to actually care about somebody.” [40:23]
“Actually the new sales process is not selling at all. It’s caring about somebody and sharing something with them that helps them and changes the game for both of you.” [40:50]
I’m thrilled to share that Audible.com is a sponsor of Finding Brave! Take advantage of their great special offer of one FREE book of your choice with a 30-day FREE membership trial! And feel free to keep the book even if you cancel the membership. Click here to sign up for your free book! http://www.audibletrial.com/FindingBrave
Watch the video of this episode!
Now you can experience each Finding Brave episode in both audio and video formats! Check out new and recent episodes on my Youtube channel at YouTube.com/kathycaprino. And please leave us a comment and a thumbs up if you like the show!