“There are no words for it. We don’t know how to describe it to our partners or our friends, or even ourselves. It just feels like this swirling chaos inside of our bodies and inside of our lives.” – Jason Miller
On today’s episode of Finding Brave, you’ll hear a conversation that’s not often shared openly. Tough times, or “dark nights” happen to everyone, but especially to business owners riding the highs and lows of entrepreneurship. To help us navigate the dark nights is someone who knows them all too well.
Jason Alan Miller, or “Jam” is the Co-Founder of Peaceful Media, the go-to digital marketing & branding agency for conscious entrepreneurs who have a deep desire to heal, love, and shift the planet and its people. You’ll hear how during his darkest times, Jason has received invaluable support from his parents, peers and people who just believe in him and help him to believe in himself. Along the way, Jason has never forgotten that he’s “ok”, and he’s continued to evolve in so many ways, including spiritually.
In this episode you’ll receive his priceless and practical tools and insights for “reemerging & rebirthing” or otherwise navigating the twisty, wrenching turns of metamorphosis.
Highlights from this Episode:
- What are the “dark nights”of the entrepreneurial soul and some of the symptoms that accompany them [3:07]
- Why Jason doesn’t consider his dark nights as depression, and what he refers to them as instead [6:48]
- What is the hardest thing for the spiritual warrior to be in control of [9:03]
- One major thing that the world is lacking and people are searching for right now [12:23]
- How Jason landed on his divine purpose and the journey he’s taken since realizing what it is [19:53]
- His framework for getting out of the dark nights of the soul and what not to do [27:35]
- Why remembering what you liked to do as a child is so critical for your present self [35:33]
- The reason that turning to social media in tough times may not be the right answer [41:53]
- What Jason’s business looks like now and his powerful experiences with healing and energy work [50:50]
- Details on his upcoming ION Experience with JAM @ Peaceful Media [53:48]
For more information:
Watch Jason’s Instagram for details on his upcoming book Bob, The Flightless Bird (A Tale)
I’m OK – You’re OK by Thomas Harris
“So I don’t call it depression. I call it not listening to my soul.” [6:48]
“Around that corner of divine purpose is a lot of unknown.” [24:31]
“Every time I’ve gone into these dark nights, and there’s probably been 4 or 5 of them in the last 15 years or less, I’m constantly confronted with there’s something calling me from around the corner and I can’t see it enough to clarify it, put it into words, communicate to my spouse and to my tribe, in a way that will guide us safely and securely.” [26:12]
“Soul acceptance is willing to sit in the season of winter, because just like nature needs seasons, our bodies and our lives need seasons as well.” [28:56]
“Develop your ability to listen deeply within, because some of that advice will come at your pretty strong and it may send you down a path that’s not exactly what your soul’s asking for.” [50:29]
I’m thrilled to share that Audible.com is a sponsor of Finding Brave! Take advantage of their great special offer of one FREE book of your choice with a 30-day FREE membership trial! And feel free to keep the book even if you cancel the membership. Click here to sign up for your free book! http://www.audibletrial.com/FindingBrave
Watch the video of this episode!
You can now view the video recordings of my Finding Brave episodes, starting with this riveting interview with Jason Miller. See Jason and all my upcoming episodes on my YouTube channel, at YouTube.com/kathycaprino.