Welcome to my “2018 Listener Favorites” Series!
This August, I’m delighted to bring you the top four, most downloaded episodes of the 31 shows we’ve published since the start of the podcast (January 4, 2018).
Today’s show was the inaugural episode, and in it, I share my deeply personal story about how I embarked on “Finding Brave” in my own life, and why mustering more bravery and courage is a vital endeavor for men and women around the world who want to live the highest version of themselves and reach their highest, most joyful potential.
I define #FINDINGBRAVE as this: Recognizing — and courageously leveraging — what you’re made of as a human and spiritual being, and mustering the commitment, passion and courage to draw on all that you are to create the life you dream of, through the fear and the pain.
And I offer 10 essential ways to find brave in your life, with specific tips to get moving on your brave path.
Highlights from this Episode:
- Why “Finding Brave” is so important to me and how the idea for this podcast came to be [1:32]
- I didn’t know it, but I was becoming a therapist even back at the age of 16 and how a pivotal decision at 22 set the tone for years to come [3:47]
- There are 12 hidden crises that working women face – and unbelievably, I’ve faced them ALL [5:32]
- A life changing conversation…[7:02]
- Why we go “underground” and stop using our own voices (men too) [10:37]
- What will really happen when we’re fake and hiding [11:47]
- Just networking with others isn’t enough – here’s what you need to do [22:44]
- Who the happiest group of people in the world are [26:37]
- The new frontier of bravery that I’m currently facing in my
- own life [37:00]
Links mentioned in this show:
Kathy’s 6 Dominant Action Styles quiz
Kathy’s TEDx Talk “Time To Brave Up”
Forbes Interview with Richie Norton: The Power of Starting Something ‘Stupid’
Forbes interview: 6 Ways Pushing Past Your Comfort Zone Is Critical To Success
Forbes article: Why We Don’t Speak Up Against Abuse of Others When We Know Of It
The Energy of Money by Maria Nemeth, Ph.D.
“Why I care about Finding Brave is I wasn’t brave enough for a full 18 years in my corporate life.” [3:16]
“I wasn’t brave enough. I didn’t know how to risk. I didn’t know what that felt like to believe in myself” [6:09]
“You’re going to make mistakes, that’s life. It’s not all going to be perfect. If it were perfect, why would we be here? Why would we be living?” [8:08]
“Really it’s time now. It’s time that we engage our spirits and our souls and our hearts.” [25:07]
“Get good with scared. Start to stretch way beyond your comfort zone and your life will change!” [33:35]
Connect with Kathy on:
I’m thrilled to share that Audible.com is a sponsor of Finding Brave! Take advantage of their great special offer of one FREE book of your choice with a 30-day FREE membership trial! And feel free to keep the book even if you cancel the membership. Click here to sign up for your free book! http://www.audibletrial.com/FindingBrave