Thank you for listening to our Finding Brave show, ranked in the Top 100 Apple Podcasts in Careers!
“My heart was in self-care as a leader, and how a manager was managing their energy and taking care of themselves. I feel like if that’s handled, everything else gets handled, but if we’re burnt out and fried, we can’t lead.” – Anese Cavanaugh
Our presence is our impact, and the way that we show up energetically on a daily basis really does matter. Today’s Finding Brave guest reveals that we do indeed have a choice, and hold the power, for how we want to craft our life and impact.
Anese Cavanaugh is devoted to helping people show up and bring their best selves to the table in order to create significant positive impact in their lives. She is the creator of the IEP Method® (Intentional Energetic Presence®), an advisor and thinking partner to leaders and organizations around the world, a keynote speaker, and author of Contagious Culture: Show Up, Set the Tone, and Intentionally Create an Organization That Thrives, Contagious You: Unlock Your Power to Influence, Lead, and Create the Impact You Want, and The Leader You Will Be: An Invitation (a leadership storybook).
In this episode, Anese shares how our energy is truly contagious, so the more we can be aware and focus on our own energetic state, the more we can positively impact others, which is a tremendous superpower to possess.
Highlights from this Episode:
- What initially made Anese want to focus on the subject of intentional presence, and what she felt at a young age that made her question everything [4:15]
- How to tell when we’re out of alignment, plus the significant issues that can arise when we are in this state [8:46]
- The way that Anese literally created her dream job and began her work with leaders [10:25]
- The biggest challenges that she feels other leadership books aren’t addressing [16:47]
- What her IEP Method is about, including the three levels in the model [20:27]
- What to do if you are faced with having a manager or leader with poor energy, and why awareness is so important for everyone involved [24:55]
- Why the simple act of deep breathing is an act of self-love [27:04]
- What she means by “relational energy” and the benefits of being more aware of it [30:30]
- How to start choosing to be the “author” or your life, rather than a victim [33:56]
- The steps we can take today to become intentionally and authentically contagious [38:09]
- Why it’s a good idea for each of us to pay attention to cues such as contraction and our mental dialogue [41:10]
For More Information:
For more about Kathy’s upcoming book The Most Powerful You: 7 Bravery-Boosting Paths To Career Bliss, sign up for her weekly newsletter at https://kathycaprino.com for updates, free giveaways, contests, and more, coming in Spring 2020. And to discover if you are experiencing any of the 7 damaging power gaps today, take Kathy’s Power Gap Survey and find out!
Become a Sponsor!
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of Finding Brave, we’d love to hear from you! Please write to email@example.com with your proposal and for more information.
“I think the joy of this work is there’s not a minute that goes by that we’re not learning from the people around us.” [1:41]
“The thing to be looking at is the energy that we’re putting out, and then think about how we are taking care of that energy.” [17:09]
“I have a special gratitude for looking at the gap, because that’s the thing that people are so afraid to go to, and it’s where the power is.” [20:11]
“We’re always a breath away from expansion.” [25:27]
“If you can connect with your intention, then everything else becomes easier. Courage becomes easier, service becomes easier and love becomes easier, because you’re connected to your intention and to your breath.” [28:38]
“The more awareness I have around the relational energy, the more choice I have to decide if I’m going to complete the relationship, if I’m going to fix it, if I’m going to nourish it, or whatever I’m going to do.” [31:08]
“It is an act of discipline to notice when we are not present, and then to reboot.” [38:44]
“I think we kind of have to dare to let things suck sometimes.” [44:16]
I’m thrilled to share that Audible.com is a sponsor of Finding Brave! Take advantage of their great special offer of one FREE book of your choice with a 30-day FREE membership trial! And feel free to keep the book even if you cancel the membership. Click here to sign up for your free book! http://www.audibletrial.com/FindingBrave
Watch the video of this episode!
Now you can experience each Finding Brave episode in both audio and video formats! Check out new and recent episodes on my Youtube channel at YouTube.com/kathycaprino. And please leave us a comment and a thumbs up if you like the show!
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS POST: